Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Million Dollar Throw


 The book that I read was called the "Million Dollar Throw" it is about a kid named Nate Brodie who is starting quarterback for his 8th grade football team. When he plays football he wants to be relevant and make a difference in his team.  He has a friend who's name is Abby she is starting to go blind and there both scared and worried. One day Nate and his mom go to the mall and Nate sees a stand that's by a company called SportStuff the sign says that if you can make a Throw from the 30 yard line into a target then you win a million dollars. During this time Nate signs up and is given a number so when they announce the number on TV you can see if you won or not and the chances of winning were really small. But Nate heard his number and was selected to attempt to throw the football into the target a couple of days before Thanksgiving. But before this Nate goes through hard times with his friend Abby and his parents have problems with paying bills and keeping there house. I will not say if Nate made the throw.

 My personal reflection to this book is I enjoyed this book and the great detail in it. I liked the detail because it shows how each character was feeling during hard times and what type of life they were going through. Another thing that I like about this book is how the story is set up and in what way it goes and the things that are contained in it. Another thing that I like about this book is how it's connected to football because football is my favorite sport so I also like that. Another reason why I picked this book is because this story seems like it could happen in real life so I like the realism. One thing that I kinda didn't like about the book is how it didn't really have a lot parts were it talked about how Nate did in school or if he was having trouble in school. Overall I like this book and it's detail and I recommend this book to people who like football,realistic fiction.

1 comment:

  1. I read the Million dollar kick and it was awesome. That series is great.

    ReplyDelete